“Working to Get Central Alberta Working”
EPSS is excited to announce we have re-opened our doors to the public and have implemented new protocols that align with the public health measures to reduce the spread of COVID-19:
- Enhanced cleaning and sanitizing protocols throughout the office completed on a regular basis with high-contact areas receiving extra attention
- We ask only those who are in “good health” to enter the premises; if you are feeling unwell but still wish to access services we would be happy to assist you via alternative delivery methods
- Our office space including individual staff offices have been reconfigured to ensure social distancing requirements are met
- Hand sanitization stations are located throughout the office area including the front entrance
EPSS will continue to connect with you through a mode that best matches your skills and comfort level that can range from in person appointments at our office or in the community to alternative delivery modes utilizing technology to deliver services through video conferencing, webinars, online groups, phone, text and email to deliver services remotely.
EPSS, established in 1986, is a not-for-profit agency operated, and governed by a volunteer Board of Directors representing various sectors within the community. This Board represents STEPS Society of Red Deer which is incorporated as a society under the Societies Act. The purpose of EPSS is to actualize the principles of equality in employment by providing a broad continuum of specialized employment and training services to assist unemployed and underemployed individuals including Youth, Adults, Immigrants, Mature Workers and Persons with Disabilities.
Mission & Goals
Our mission is to enhance quality of life by providing innovative community and employment services to those we support. Since inception, EPSS has provided quality, successful services to numerous recipients of Assured Income for the Severely Handicapped, Alberta Works Income Support, Employment Insurance Benefits as well as Albertans with Employment Insurance Reachback, and those who are unemployed or underemployed. This success is attributable to the dedication and quality of staff employed by EPSS, the flexibility of programming to meet Client/Funding Body needs, and its evolution to meet the changing needs of our clientele.Read More
- Providing an atmosphere of dignity and respect
- Developing services based on individual needs
- Collaboration with our community partners
- Increased community participation and awareness