Through the Employment Partnerships program, we aim to increase awareness of the value and benefits of hiring people with disabilities through:
- Providing information on resources available to support people with disabilities to enter and actively participate in the workforce
- Formal learning opportunities for employers and community service providers to network and increase their awareness, knowledge, and skills
- Identifying job opportunities for people with disabilities
What to Expect
- Networking with employers and community organizations to create collaborative partnerships
- Sharing best practices of how to diversify the workforce
- Monthly networking opportunities and webinars for both employers and service provides
- Monthly newsletters that share program highlights, success stories and job leads
- Information, resources and support to employers to address cultural and workplace biases and barriers, and increase capacity for inclusive employment
- Employer symposium to share experiences, strategies and the benefits of hiring people with disabilities
- Employment leads that support hiring people with disabilities
- Actionable solutions to address the employment gap and reduce barriers to employing people with disabilities, through partnerships with employers
Who is this program for?
Employers and service providers residing in Central Alberta (Camrose, Consort, Didsbury, Drayton Valley, Drumheller, Hanna, Lloydminster, Olds, Ponoka, Provost, Red Deer and all the communities in between).
- Community Service providers who support youth and adults with disabilities who are experiencing barriers to employment.
- Employers who are interested in increasing or sharing their knowledge of the benefits of hiring people with disabilities.