Active Employment Services for Adults (AESA)
Section Content: Active Employment Services for Adults assists adults 18+ living with a disability in accessing support and employment in central Alberta. Assistance is provided to individuals who are unemployed or marginally employed through their participation in a structured program, which leads to employment or involvement with further training. The program offers
- Group learning in variety of topics to promote preparedness for the labour market
- Individualized assistance from an employment specialist to personalize work search
- Direct marketing assistance to connect with employment
What to Expect
- Group workshops augmented with one-on-one support
- Career planning and research
- Resume development
- Interview techniques
- Job search strategies
- Employer contacts and marketing supports
- Connection to additional resources
- Ongoing communication between the client and their employer
- Addressing employment-related barriers to achieving employment goals
Who is this program for?
Adults 18 years of age or older living with a disability and residing in central Alberta who are unemployed or marginally employed and seeking opportunities to gain employment.
Frequently Asked Questions
No, the program is designed to be flexible based on the individual needs of each participant; depending on the need of each individual, some participants may access the full 26 weeks of service while others may not utilize the full 26 weeks of intervention.
No, we do not require participants to provide proof of their disability (i.e.: doctor’s note); program eligibility is based on individuals who self-identify they live with an identifiable disability that may include Mental Health; Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder; Physical disability; Brain Injury; Learning Disability, etc.
To augment services, EPSS will deliver structured group workshops focusing on developing employability skills in a group setting. We recognize that in some situations individuals may be unable to attend workshops and group activities therefore; we will provide alternative ways for participants to obtain the topic information.