EPSS has a proven record of matching the "right" employee with businesses such as yours. Our services are offered at no cost to employers.
- Post your employment opportunities on our in-house job board & on-line
- Guide your organization to develop effective candidate selection strategies
- Evaluation and access of up to date assistive technology to support the recruitment of individuals with disabilities
- Provide private interview space, if required for off-site interviews
- Offer rental space available for employee training or meeting needs
On-Site Skill Training
Individuals may require training that is not available through conventional means such as learning centers, accredited learning institutions, etc. Skills that may be developed through this component include, but are not limited to:
- Learning job site specific computer software (e.g. specialized inventory software)
- Using “specialized” equipment (e.g. construction equipment, electronic cash register)
- Use/maintenance of office equipment (printers, photocopiers, etc.)
Training is carefully tailored to the client’s needs and provided by “experts” contracted to teach the specific skills required. In this way, the client is able to continue gaining hands-on experience while developing the skills necessary for competitive employment. The duration of this training varies according to the client’s needs and intensity of training required.
This service allows for the purchase of short duration training to address specific skill gaps and to assist the client to respond directly to an immediate employer needs. These courses provide job specific skills or certification required by clients to re-enter the workforce. A sample of Exposure Courses offered includes: Standard First Aid & CPR and CSTS.
Clients involved in the project may require direct assistance in the workplace. Clients will be provided with a ‘job coach’ (may be Outreach Connector Staff) to assist them to develop learning strategies, learn job specific information or enhance coping skills in the workplace. Job coaching will occur on an as needed basis with the amount of involvement at the worksite decreasing as the client develops the skills to be independent in the position.
Work Related Employment Supports
Many of the clients who are completing tasks to develop activities in their community or begin employment/volunteer placements may need related items to ensure their success.