EPSS is an established not-for-profit Agency that has been providing services in Central Alberta since 1986. Throughout the years, we have maintained an over-all success rate of 76.5% of matching individuals (aged 14+) with businesses looking for employees. Funded by various government departments, our services are offered at no cost to employers.
What we offer Employers:
- Posting and promotion of your employment opportunities
- Assistance in matching applicants who will be a good fit for your company
- Liaison between the employer and the employee to promote a successful outcome
- On-site training supports
- Flexible hours of supports
- Safety coaching for new employees
- Specialized presentations at your work-site are available to assist in occupational training
Some individuals/employers may be eligible for specialized training assistance under the following programs:
- Work Experience opportunities
- Wage reimbursement and Supplementary Course funding (Workplace Training)
- Targeted Wage Subsidy
Additionally, short – term, job specific training (max. 2 weeks) may be available to assist an individual meet the employers requirements for hiring. Examples of training include: Standard First Aid & CPR and CSTS.
On-Site Skill Training:
Provided on an as-needed basis, increased assistance to support transitions into the workplace to individuals who require additional supports to be successful in the workplace. EPSS will work collaboratively with the employer and individual to design a plan that may include learning: work –site routines, job specific tasks, or safety procedures. Assistance may be provided on or off site.
Employer Awareness/ Education:
Information and support are available to increase the Employer's awareness and understanding of disabilities and how they may impact individuals. The accommodations needed to promote success in the workplace are frequently minimal.
Additional information /resources are also available in areas such as:
- Diversity Coaching
- Retention Strategies
- Workplace Adaptation Consultation
EPSS' skilled and experienced staff strive to create long-term successful placements for employers and employees through offering passionate and personalized services. Partner with EPSS and allow our Employment Specialists to assist with your recruiting objectives.